• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A girl problem :-/

i have a slightly diferent "girl" problem

for the last 2 classes i got stuck working with this woman whos reasonably new at the class. unfortunetly, she's in her late 40's-50's and has extremely bad knees

this is a huge problem for me bacause i can't practice any techniques on her for fear of accidentally hurting her. This is extremely annoying, i dont have a problem with elderly people or people with physical disabilities doing martial arts, but im also not paying 60 bucks a month to go to class and learn nothing.

i think next time ill just get there early and pick a partner i really want to work with.

Another way to approach the situation is to think of it as an exercise in learning control. Work with her part of the time, (you will both benefit), and someone else part of the time. The extra effort you put into learning control can only benefit your training.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shy too, but I don't consider it an advantage :)

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

It is unethical to ask a person of a higher rank to work with you, so being a beginner; it may be difficult to just run up to someone else.

If I were you, I'd ask her out on a date. If you guys hit it off, you can be honest; and tell her that at the dojo, you are there to learn martial arts. If you don't hit it off, ---Problem solved that way, too!

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

It is unethical to ask a person of a higher rank to work with you, so being a beginner; it may be difficult to just run up to someone else.

How, exactly, is it unethical to ask someone with a higher rank to work with you?

The life of a teenager is kinda wierd, I've also been a victum to this. How I ended this distraction was: I train harder when I'm against this person, I kicked the bad harder, and went harder in Sparing.I also learned to pay more attention to detail in my patterns(helps with focus). Focusing while training will help in Competetion. If this Doesn't work tell her "you only get what you pit into it. And you would like to train hard and not fool around." Also, let her know that she is being rude by interupting the class. As pretty as she is, being disrespectful to the instrutor makes classes for him/her difficult to teach. Good Luck and continue to strive for excellence

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

How, exactly, is it unethical to ask someone with a higher rank to work with you?

In my dojo, the higher ranks choose who to work with. If a blue belt calls on a green belt, and a black belt calls on that same blue belt; the blue leaves the green and goes to the black.

I don't make the rules, I just follow them.

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

If she's h0t, with a body like Jlo I say... Kick it to her ... i mean who wouldn't want a girl like her...

If your a 15 yr old shy kid who's scared of gurls .. Run away and go play with your dog...

If your like me.. (Im 15 too) she looks goods, and has a tendency to flurt with you... hehe she could show me her moves after i sparred w/ her :wink: :lol:

Then again .. don't get into trouble ... use protection LOL :o

Anyways... if she ugly... just leave her alone... no bad remakrs.. just don't pay attention to her.. You seem to be giving her attention maybe she's coming to you?

A yellow belt who's words never hurt, yet skills send chills throughout the body.

Shotokan Student - 11 months training