Black Dragon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know we have strayed some what from the original intent of the thread but what right do you have to tell me to shut up?

the guy asked a question and i answered.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

you THINK i already answered?

i KNOW i never explained what anti-matter was. that was why he asked...

but anyway, like i said, i know we're going off topic here so i must apologise to the other memebers here about that.

so mr warp spider, if you still insist that you can make anti-matter weapons, please start a new thread.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

and this is where the main argument against anti-matter weapons comes from. to create even a single atom of anti-matter you need millions of times more energy released by it's annihilation.

quote]

All you need to contain it is a magnetic field of any description. It doesn't have to be that strong, and you don't need any nonsense about internal currents or anything like that. A molucule of anti-iron is just as ferrous as a particle of iron. If you had a pellet of anti-iron you could suspend it in a small magnetic field with no difficulties. You would not need a perfect vacuum, because although there may be a few particles floating around, and thus the antimatter would slowly be annihilated, it would not be that significant. Technically the pipes in your home are eroded by water going through them but that process happens so slowly it's not worth considering. Same goes for an "imperfect" vacuum.

And yes, power stations GENERATE electricity. They don't need to be powered. Some types require a small amount of energy to get started, others do not. Unless by "power station" you mean anything other than a "power plant." Further, you wouldn't even need your own power station. It turns out most industrialized places already have a power grid in place.

The reason why using vast amounts of energy to generate a little bit of energy is the potential. That's what weapons technology is all about - potential. It takes a lot more energy to make a bullet than that bullet releases when it's fired - why do they make bullets? Because that energy can then be released on demand at a target. Technically they could just do everything at fire-time like a railgun, but that's not nearly as effective in a combat situation when you could instead do most of the work of firing in advance by preparing a self-contained bullet.

If you did not want to have a discussion about anti-matter, than why would you post, out of the blue, that you can't have anti-matter weapons?

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

you mentioned anti matter weapons.

and the "nonsense"about internal currents is because that is how a tokamak works.

like i keep saying, the field in a tokamak that supspends plasma is determined by the currents in the plasma AND the coils. if you could just use any ol' magnetic field, they wouldn't need to build such a huge contraption in the first place.

to apply the same reasoning to anti matter would infer that you know about the currents in an anti matter particle (anti currents???). which you don't. do you even know if you can mix currents in anti matter and currents in matter?

and comparing water that erodes pipes to anti-matter that annihilates matter is just plain stupid.

oh no, i'm going to get run over by a toy car!!!

and let's not forget here the real world, if it is so easy to make and store anti matter, why don't they?

i keep saying the same things here and you still respond with conjecture. maybe you should do a bit of research and give me some details on HOW exactly you store anti matter after the arduous process of creating it.

like i said, i can beat you standing on one leg. how? easy. i hit you. not a very good argument.

I would like to have the speed of the Flash....and Spider man's agility and danger sence. and wolvies healing powers.....oh and xaviers ability to read minds...ok I'll have some flying abilitys to :)

Read a book!

Ok you guys have lost me, what the hell is antimater?

Protons with a negative charge... electrons with a positive charge... that's the gist of it. Had the big bang produced equal amounts of matter and anti-matter we wouldn't exist... but matter ended up being slightly favored (I suppose if anti-matter had been favored it would have been called 'matter' :)).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

well, there were equal amounts of matter and anti-matter.

it's just that over time matter got the advantage.

y'know, 1000 vs 1001