• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Advice on what could be best for me.

Soni , if i was you i whould go with a TKD Tekwondo (or hwo do you spell it), it basicly only uses Kicks with some simple hand strikes.

I think that since you have not as many finger as a normal human, you should try to protect your future since you will need those finger till the day you die.

It very easy to get hurt practicing punches, especialy if you cannot land the punch with the right part of your hand.

And since TKD will is a very social thing with strong competition involved, i think you will like it (lots of people of your age).

PS: What ever you decide, when you take it for about a year, post your experience here, since i think we all will enjoy hearign about it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soni, if I were you, I would look for a Savate school, if you can kick well.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

You need to take Western Boxing, Muay Thai, Judo, Wrestling, and BJJ.

Cross training and participating in realistic sparring in these systems and in NHB contests will make you an Ultimate Fighter.

Get your kicking knowledge from ITF Tae Kwon Do as well.

Keep your hand strikes (minus the chambering) from Shotokan too.

Hahah, whenever someone asks for an art to take up, there's always someone who tells him he needs to take 7.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

• 2 months later...

I think that since you have not as many finger as a normal human, you should try to protect your future since you will need those finger till the day you die.

Ahh..tact..who needs it?

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

maybe kick boxing like May thai, or just plain boxing you would like better. Siimple moves but very effective. Also not sure what you mean. You talking about the grappling as basically just wrestliing on the ground trying to find a sub. Judo is okay try Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. They focus on subs. Or try Mixed Martial art (mma) style of fighting. Get into cage fighting. You heard of Cagewars? I hear its a good cage fighting event in the UK.

-Jeff

ps. I am more biased towards MMA/BJJ styles as you can guess.

• 3 months later...

Thank you all for the help; I just started Krav Maga in London and during the summer I am going to be taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in my town. I will post a bit more when I know how things are going, just trying to locate a similar school of each in the States in the area I may be moving to.

Thank you all for the help.

krav maga in london?

where?

maybe i can pop down there and have a look, seeing as it's easter and all...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."