• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kenpo

shotokanwarrior

I study American Kenpo, and it is an extremely effective style. I work out regularly with martial artists from other styles, including Shotokan. I have a lot of respect for all those styles, but AK more than holds its' own.

There will allways be some petty individual with an opinion, but without honor, who will try to run down other systems- and those that developed and practice them. There will also be those that will tell you that what they do is the ultimate, if not only effective style. The best advice here is to check it out for yourself and see if it suits you.

By the way, Mitose was a criminal. He went to prison for trying to arrange a hit on someone, as I recall. He was also a con artist and a lousy martial artist. He put out a lot of propoganda, claiming affiliations with a lot of people who had only contempt for him. Unfortunately, a lot of this still sticks today. Truth is, Mitose had very little effect on Kenpo or the martial arts in general, and none of it was good. And while we are on this subject, even though we have the same last name, I want to say that I am NOT related to Hohan-1!

Freedom isn't free!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Truth is, Mitose had very little effect on Kenpo or the martial arts in general, and none of it was good.

If there is one person that brought the art of Kenpo/Kempo to the forefront, that would have to be Professor William Chow. Many styles of Kenpo/Kempo can at some point trace their lineage back to Chow.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Good advice about choosing a style. If you like it and it suits you, go for it. Interesting about Mitose. I'd never heard why he was in prison.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

And while we are on this subject, even though we have the same last name, I want to say that I am NOT related to Hohan-1!

Having a last name like "1", I could see how the conclusion could be drawn. Of course this comment is being generated from a guy with the last name of "J". :lol:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.