Sasori_Te

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree too.....Actually white belt i had a lot of fun at. trying all the new stuff for the first time and all. after that everything sorta built upon itself and didnt do that much as learning it "fresh off the block". white belts arent bad there like 1st grade you should do well then so you do well in 2 and so on and so on.

uh.. since belts dont mean anything why dont you try wearing one for as long as your in martial arts. Your belt means nothing....okay sure, but neither does where you live mean anything, or your hairstyle, or what you look like, or your name. Technically that is all true, but realistically we are visual society and give certain values to objects and possesions. I'm sure once you've spent all the time and effort into getting your Black Belt you wont think that it means nothing.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

After 7 years of Isshinryu, I went to the Shorinryu; and started back at white belt. I was one in that style, and had no problem with it. Actually, I thought it was kind-of fun.

Looks like I've gotten my white belt again here in this forum! :)

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

Black Dragon. I've got 2 different dan rankings a first in shin Keichu Ryu Shorin Ryu (My first style) and a third in Sasori Te Karate Jutsu, along with a couple other kyu ranks in different styles. And I can honestly tell you that my belts don't mean anything to me. I value the style not the uniform. I can also tell you that for 100 percent certain a punk with a gun or knife on the street is not going to be impressed by a belt rank.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

I never had the white belt :( . When I started to train I just wore regular clothes. I got my suit after I got my yellow belt.
Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

I have to agree. White belts are important either way. Our Sensei teaches us it is respectful to wear our white belts when you decide to train in another style even though you may be a 1st Dan or whatnot. It shows respect to the Sensei, meaning you are willing and eager to learn and to show that their style is absolutley worth wearing a white belt again for. Secondly, I think the students of that style will also enjoy this. It shows them that even though you may have higher knowledge in another style but are wearing a white belt in their classe shows that you don't know everything and you accept that you are one of them - a lower ranking student in their style. You respect their style and respect that you know less than they do but are willing to learn. Make sense to anyone? lol it just to say that "I accept to learn with the class and start from the bottom as to where everyone should.." IMO...

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

Respectfully, I do not agree. I spent lot of time and effort into getting my black belt. And I won't take it off for anyone. If I decide to supplement my knowlegde with another style then that itself is a sign of respect. And the instructor should be glad to have a Black belt representative from another style in his class. I would readily embrace the humility of a white belt as one should, but I would never wear that belt again, ever.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

You contradict yourself Black Dragon. You would readily accept the humility of a white belt as one should, but you won't wear one? That doesn't sound like humility to me. Forgive my saying so, but it sounds like arrogance. But that's my opinion. A true black belt doesn't have to wear one to be one. It will show in your attitude as well as your respect for others. Again, just my opinion.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.