• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Blackout

focus102

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You see, we (canada) sell electricty to the u.s. (in some places, and likewise in some places you sell to us), so when the power plant went out there, you guys only had a blackout for a few hours because you started buying tonnes from our powerplants. But our plants were over heating in my area so what happends? We get our electricty cut off so we can send to you (which is smart because its making lots of money for us). But it also means that i have no power. My family had no power for 30 goddamn hours. 30 hours with no tv, lights, computers, videos games, no phones to call friends, and worste of no air conditioning (and it was a hot friggan day too) So while you're complaing about how you lost power for an hour and missed the amazing race, just think of what my day was like.

You see, we (canada) sell electricty to the u.s. (in some places, and likewise in some places you sell to us), so when the power plant went out there, you guys only had a blackout for a few hours because you started buying tonnes from our powerplants. But our plants were over heating in my area so what happends? We get our electricty cut off so we can send to you (which is smart because its making lots of money for us). But it also means that i have no power. My family had no power for 30 goddamn hours. 30 hours with no tv, lights, computers, videos games, no phones to call friends, and worste of no air conditioning (and it was a hot friggan day too) So while you're complaing about how you lost power for an hour and missed the amazing race, just think of what my day was like.

Umm, actually as I stated above the blackout was caused by a surge in a plant in the great lakes region on the US side. (the specific one was specified, but I don't recall the name) That surge tripped hundreds of safety interlocks which then had to be manually reset, which, logically, takes a fair bit of tme. There was never any real damage to any of the electrical hardware.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

Some parts of detroit were out for a couple of days...my city (Flint) never lost power, but we couldn't drink our water because its filtered in detroit...*sigh*

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

Umm, actually as I stated above the blackout was caused by a surge in a plant in the great lakes region on the US side. (the specific one was specified, but I don't recall the name) That surge tripped hundreds of safety interlocks which then had to be manually reset, which, logically, takes a fair bit of tme. There was never any real damage to any of the electrical hardware

I was told it because a power plant was struct by lightning and set on fire, Then we lost our because we were sending so much to you guys that ours burnt out (or were burning out and had to be shut off).

Well, a lightning strike may have caused the surge, I don't know what the actual cause of it was. You could also be correct about the power plants.. maybe there was more safety breakers to reset on the US side, so they increased the output on the Candian plants as a stopgap measure, thus causing a burnout there as well. It could be both I suppose.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

I honestly think they're covering something up (both U.S. and Canada). Because I've heard some of those same stories (lightning, etc.), which were later discounted by the "spokesmen".

Also, even if Canada did increase its supply to the U.S. near the beginning, it's a moot point because Detroit, New York City, and parts of Connecticut were without power for a couple days just like you. So, don't think you're the only ones that took a heavy hit.

I love the fact that a bill was defeated in U.S. congress last year to upgrade the antiquated grid that just failed. Tell me that won't be a sore spot for these guys come re-election time.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.