Martial Arts vs. Full Contact Sport Fighting

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see the need to pick a fight with someone, and especially a 300lb bouncer. too many people seem to place their arguement on "ok, go to a bar and pick a fight with some really huge bloke and see how it goes".

anyone picking a fight for the sake of it, especially to prove something, is just stupid IMO. especially with a 300lb bouncer. most the fights people get into are with people with a bad attitude - and for the most part they can give it out but cant take it. each punch hurts their pride.

If you're learning MAs to beat a 300lb guy into the ground - just buy as gun or decent knife instead. it'll probably work out easier that way.

It´s always the same problem when we talk about martial arts and full contact sport fighting- which one is better.

But I think that all martial arts/combat sports have problems.... they depend from the quality of the fighter. A bad kung fu fighter probably would lose against a full contact fighter. Even when the fighters are equal on their abilities a fight depends on other factors like intelligence! All martial arts have their good and bad points

Raminhos (Portugal)

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water...

"Even when the fighters are equal on their abilities a fight depends on other factors like intelligence! "

good point :) of course, the intelligent one would try not to be in the fight anyway, IMO

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 4 weeks later...

UFC no longer does style versus style. It's called MMA, Mixed Martial Arts. They take what is useful and leave the rest.

You can do your little ballet kicks, and your back knuckle punches, and at the end of the day, make pretend you can defend yourself.

Or you can learn something that will actually train you to fight like you train. Which MMA does.

I'm sure Mister Bad guy on the streets is really interested in your point scoring on his chest as he's curb stomping your little [edit].

"A blue belt can beat a black belt from any other art. A purple belt can beat his instructor. Past that, you don't want to know."

- Roy Harris explaining the different Belt Levels of BJJ.

you said they do not allow presusser point artist on the card? that's why you need to fight in u s shidokan tournaments they allow anybody including streetfighters.

streetfighters punch people in the face.