• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question for More Experienced Budoka

Kamidake

There isn't really a "Traditional Japanese Arts" section here, so I'll use this one. For all you hakama wearers, and those who train with same: how long does it take before you see nothing amusing in a man saying "I tripped on my skirt"? This happened the other night--fortunately he wasn't hurt--and on my way home I realized what he'd said and burst out giggling. :lol: I guess I don't have the proper samurai mentality yet!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

LOL! :lol:

i don't think i'm adjusted quite enough to the skirt-wearing not to notice things like that.

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

I got quite a surprise the first night I went to observe. Jinenkan requires their teachers to wear hakama. So the teacher comes in in his street clothes and I meet him and he goes to change. I was expecting him to come out in the usual black or white jammies. Instead, he looked like he'd raided Rurouni Kenshin's closet! :lol:

Hehe - i dont think I will ever truly feel comfortable in talking about my training skirt - as fetching as it looks :lol:

They are tricky to get used to, was practising with Sai on sunday and stabbed one of the prongs through the gap in the side of my hakama and ruined the technique :o I have even fallen over when doing takedowns cos I stood on the other leg of the hakama and then tried to move!

If you think wearing them is tricky - you should try folding them damn thing after training!

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Renketsu Karate Club Senior Instructor

(http://www.renketsu.org.uk)

Man...I've tripped over my gi pants before, I can't imagine what would happen if I wore hakama! :o

In case you're wondering, I had the pantlegs rolled up and somehow caught my right big toe in the cuff of the left pantleg, after which I proceeded to fall flat on my face. :lol:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.