• 1 year later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can roll over and play dead, catch a frisbee in my mouth, and walk on my hind legs. ;-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I can do some, I just got the 540 down. I need to learn flips and some other ariel kicks. Capoeira has some crazy moves using your hands, head, along with your legs.

I want to learn the double leg kick.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

I was just wondering what kinds of tricks everybody can do. for example ican do:

kip-up (every official type: - handed no handed, head etc.)

front hand spring (two and one handed)

back handspring

front flip

au batido

aerial

every 360 kick

butterfly kick

butterfly twist

front splits

side splits (1/2 inch off floor)

folha secca

aerial switch

1/2 twist backflip kinda thing

spinning star kip

axe aerial

so.. what can evryone else do???

p.s. didn't know where to post this so I logically thought wushu=chinese lol

You're a kid right? As you mature you will find being practical and looking good are two different things. With the former being all important.

Honor all things.

I can swallow a quarter and make it come out of my nose... at least my 3 year old thinks I can... is it magic, or is it an illusion? :o

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

Can someone give me tips on the jumping side kick? I can do it, but it looks really sloppy. When I do it, my back leg doesn't tuck all the way and my arms kind of flail out.

Can someone give me tips on the jumping side kick? I can do it, but it looks really sloppy. When I do it, my back leg doesn't tuck all the way and my arms kind of flail out.

Well first, tuck your back leg all the way, and second, quit flailling your arms. It's really about that simple.

Seriously, work on the heigth. That is the biggest key. The whole purpose for the jump is to gain gain heigth, not to look cool. Second, the kick moves very fast. it's not like it is in the movies where you can hold it for 3 seconds. You've got to tuck the back leg quick, and work on keeping your elbows against your sides after you jump, that will help with those, but don't stress out to much about your arms. they will move about a natuarlly as they try to keep your body in the right position.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.