• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

RELAX RELAX RELAX

That's really the only way you can get faster. It's a proven fact that loose muscles can react more quickly. When you spar try and remember to breath and keep your body loose you'll find that you can react much faster almost immediately. The real trick is staying relaxed!

Rock Paper Scissor

Punch Knee Kick

^ME^ ^MY DOJO^

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Does anyone know of any exercises or ways of speeding up reaction time? I know its kind of a strange question, but it seems it would benefit someone greatly in many ways if they could react to an opponents movements faster. If this is a completly bogus question than I apoligize, but if anyone could be of help it would be greatly appreciated. Thx"

to react to someone faster, just learn to spar better. you cannot spar better without reacting faster and vice versa.

• 3 months later...

whiteshark wrote:

RELAX RELAX RELAX

I dont think this works for everyone, atleast not for me. Theres alot of reaction time exersises on the internet (ones that you click on a button when something pops up...)

I dont know how much you can rely on such tests, but after a few tries I found out that being on the edge... ready to react, I got much better results...

Ofcourse the muscles must be relaxed, if you tense your muscles, you wont react fast, so I get what you mean. But what i'm trying to say is that you cant have a calm mind and just relax, you have to hold your breath!

• 4 months later...

watching tv and punching when the screen changes is a good thing to do i might try it

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

I agree with chrismann. None better than sparring.

Although, I need to start playing Hacky Sack more. It don't teach you tell tale signs, but it does work on your reaction time a lot. The more solid the Hacky Sack is, the more erratic it is. Therefore, the more you have to react.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

That's a good idea - maybe I should try that!

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."