• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

:???: Does anyone know of any exercises or ways of speeding up reaction time? I know its kind of a strange question, but it seems it would benefit someone greatly in many ways if they could react to an opponents movements faster. If this is a completly bogus question than I apoligize, but if anyone could be of help it would be greatly appreciated. Thx :???:

"It is futile to argue as to which single leaf, which design of branches, or which attractive flower you like; when you understand the root you understand all of its blossoming." The Man, Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try throwing a plastic bag up in the air and practice kicks such as Roundhouses, SpinKicks, reverse Roundhouse, Reverse HookKicks, (etc)

Kung Fu Black Belt 1st Dan

GoldDragon Academy

-------------------------

Represenitive for Paltalk.com

*-*-*-*-Mouser (Palhelp)*-*-*-*-*-

:idea: or you get stiraphone cups then make your dad throw them and kick or punch at them!!! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

haha lol

they are cheap methods :smile:

i use a floor to ceiling ball, its elasticated and springs, good for reflexes and building ups speed

ur club should have one...like a ball that goes...form floor to..erm...celiling :razz:

Thx for all the ideas, I'll try them all out. FSK are you talking about something like a concentration bag, cause I think I know what you're talking about but i just wanna be sure.

"It is futile to argue as to which single leaf, which design of branches, or which attractive flower you like; when you understand the root you understand all of its blossoming." The Man, Bruce Lee

that thing that F-S-K is taking about id that hard maybe after your good!! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 1 year later...

You're reactions will only really improve through sparring. In a sense, it's not really "reactions" as such - it's more learning what to expect and being ready for it; learning not to put yourself in dangerous positions etc. It's also about spotting little tell tail signs that a strike is coming, which are not so obvious at first.

Fighters don't generally just react, they're already ready, and when a strike comes in that they need to defend or whatever, very little movement is needed to block or dodge. Distance, balance, rythmn... that's the key.