• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever have "one of those nights"?

Ever have "one of those nights"? You know, where you are uncoordinated, can't get anything right, and basically just die. I just got my (!) handed to me by everyone tonight! No point, just venting. :bawling:

Freedom isn't free!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I had one on Saturday.

I was doing BJJ and went terrible - the worst thing was that I tapped to this guy one belt lower (he had just back from Brazil). I just grappled really badly.

I thought about it all weekend though, and it really reinforced a couple of things to me that I was doing wrong. Monday night was a completely different story.

There's a saying "You always learn more from your defeats than your victories" and it's so true because you really dwell on your defeats.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

yes, it happens to me occasionally; usually for no apparent reason. its not like i'm tired or not concentrating, i just become r*tarded for a couple of hours.

PS - WTF??!! this forum censors the word 'r*tarted' :-? :-?

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

My night Thursday wasn't HORRIBLE...but a friend of mine(who is also an orange belt) managed to get me in a standing front headlock, which I decided to try to get out of with a takedown. While that's all fine and dandy, I certainly picked the wrong takedown, cuz I ended up getting swept, which resulted in 240 lbs. of Tony landing on my neck...hoo boy. Yes, I've made much smarter decisions. ;-)

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

That happens, especially when people start learning your moves, or their game is just on that day. I've had plenty of days like that.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

i hate those nights. i am the highest colored belt at the school now and i feel like some of the lower belts are watching me and i hate it when i am not doing things how they should be done, or when i don't have balance.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

THE absolute worst is when as an advanced or black belt you are the best in the class, but at a tournament you may get beat, and some of the lower belts (of the same age) win in their division. It shouldn't bother me but it does.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

yea happend to me the other night..fight classes started back up and i hadent sparred in a while...i really wasant in my groove and felt like i couldent do anything on defense or offense :(

The other week I had one of those, I just couldn't get the techniques right. I did the same thing over and over again and I always made the same mistake. It got me terribly frusturated, then the next class went a Lot better. And I reazlized, wtf? I'm only a white belt and I've only known these techniques for 3 classes now, I shouldn't be doing them perfectly. (we start off as a no-belt, and I had just tested for my white).

So now I am no longer a perfectionist. Though I wish I were a perfectionist in my academics... blah.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill