• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how long to Yellow?

mouko_yamamoto

How long did it take you to get from white to yellow, or your next belt?

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
anyone?

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

It can varry with different styles.

It took me 3 months.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

In my school, yellow is the third belt (9th Kyu). Red was first after white.

The school holds gradings every three months, so it took me 6 months to progress from white to yellow. There is no rush. Your instructor will ask you to grade when he thinks you are ready. i know it's frustrating, you want the next belt so badly, but have patience, you'll get it in the end :)

Osu,

motoko

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi

It's my view that you should enjoy the ride during the trip and not worry so much about the destination. You'll get there eventually. The belt isn't nearly as important as the learning that earned it.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

• 3 months later...

From starting karate until taking my first belt (orange belt) took me about 2 and a half months.

There's no rush, though. Your instuctor should know when you're ready to grade and will let you know. Take your time and enjoy your martial art. There's more to life than gradings, even if I am worrying a bit about my next one!!!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I had to dig out my old certificates..would you believe it was March of 1975! lol

It took me about 2 1/2 months. Minimum required is 2 months..that's about normal, but I have a blue belt that hasn't been promoted in over 10 YEARS! We joking call him Master Blue Belt.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"