• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i don't think it was an attempt to make him look bad.

i thought he was saying how removed the ring is compared to real fighting.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it was a streetfight then it's also reasonable to assume that Kimo would have been wearing clothes - hence making him easier to choke.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

Sorry, bro if it was an all out street brawl Kimo would have killed Gracie. They stop the fight a few times due to the fact that Kimo broke the fence a few times. Come on admit the BJJ is not an invincible MA and I'll say that UFC is the closest thing to a real fight. Don't feel insecure about what you're learning it's good it's just not a complete MA. That's why it has to be coupled with other Arts to make it complete. You are invincible. :o

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I think the point was made treebranchm with

"that was then, this is now. I don't hear much Gracie activity in UFC anymore. Fighters have learned how to handle grapplers now, so now it's all about who the best fighter is. Not what the best style is. "

They were not at PRIDE, not listed on the card for K1.

question for the GRACIE purists

Do you actually train MMA or do you just bore people with it at parties and message boards?

If you did you would know your standup striking /kicking is as important as your ground skill.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

still hasn't given any details about his art...

I answered all of the specific questions you've asked, do you expect me to make a video library?

Alright, answer these specific questions:

1. Where did the art originate from? China, Japan, America…

2. What techniques are used? Such as what strike, what throws etc.

3. Who is the founder of the art? You, one of your friends

Sorry, bro if it was an all out street brawl Kimo would have killed Gracie. They stop the fight a few times due to the fact that Kimo broke the fence a few times. Come on admit the BJJ is not an invincible MA and I'll say that UFC is the closest thing to a real fight. Don't feel insecure about what you're learning it's good it's just not a complete MA. That's why it has to be coupled with other Arts to make it complete. You are invincible. :o

I never said BJJ was invincible...and it's not even my "main" art. I do think it it one of the best stlyes that gives a small person a chances against a larger person.

Sorry, bro if it was an all out street brawl Kimo would have killed Gracie.

What didn't he do that you think he would have done in a "street fight" and what is the relevance?

Come on admit the BJJ is not an invincible MA

Who said it was?

All of the Gracie's have loses now (except Rickson, but he doesn't fight anymore)

Pure BJJ will not get you far in MMA anymore.

Many MMA fighters don't even do BJJ.

But ALL have a fighting style which has been influneced by BJJ.

and I'll say that UFC is the closest thing to a real fight. Don't feel insecure about what you're learning it's good it's just not a complete MA. That's why it has to be coupled with other Arts to make it complete.

It is a competition, thats all. Not a "art", not a "style" a competition. Get that through your head.

Name me ONE thing, just one, that is effective and cannot be trained using MMA methods?

You can't, because it is not a style. It can have whatever you want. If you want to focus primarily on eye gouges put some goggles on and go at it.

All it is is a approach. Test everything, do whatever you can make work.

Is point fighting all there is to Karate & Tae Kwon Do?

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Dude, let the eye gouge thing go. MMA training methods are fine, I just wonder about the quality of what people are learning. MMA are still in a very experimental phase and has not become it's own system. It really depends on what is being mixed, certain arts don't mix well. It's good to move one way and that movement should have a certain logic to it that can be practiced enough to become second nature. If you are being taught separate arts that all have their own way of moving it can be very confusing and in a real situation it may be determental. I think the problem also is that when most people say MMA they mean UFC Style of fighting. If you are personally mixing arts you feel work well together, then great. I just don't think MMA is necessarily the best way to go. It can be very good, but that really depends on the individual.

The reason I used the Kimo situation was that guy was just too powerful and in a real situation would have destroyed Royce. He in a sense did destroy him, Royce wasn't able to fight the rest of the event. I heard the excuses, I don't buy it. Don't get me wrong Royce is a great fighter, but he was very close to loosing to pure brute strength. I'll say it again it may be the closest thing to a real situation, but it is still very far removed from a real situation. Please don't use UFC as a measuring tool for the effectiveness of certain MA's, it's just not safe to do so. I

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

My issue with MMA schols is who is teaching there.

alot of them are as follows. not all mind you.

the person trains a couple of arts , but does not stay with any one for more than a year. He learns nothing but basics. Then he opens a MMA school mixing these styles.

This just like the Blue belt who open his new self breated style and makes himself 5th dan of that new style.

The moral of this story is contact the people who taught the instructor and find out what they think of him. then check these guys out as well.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"