• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

training for ufc is training for specific opponents who use specific moves.

it might be the closest to a real fight but it is still very far from reality.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason Royce took his time to finish his opponents was because HE HAD TIME and he wanted to do it safely (i.e. not give his opponent ANY chance to escape or hurt him).

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

PS They chase me away from the mental hospital every time I go near it, so I doubt they'll be coming for me anytime soon.

No offense intended, but with your talk of "smiting zombies" I wouldn't be surprised if this were true.

I never said anything about zombies, goblins, or anything like that. Not only is the existence of such creatures highly unlikely, even if they did exist, which I doubt, that wouldn't make them evil. Human beings are the only creatures with a soul and the only ones capable of being evil. The only "holy light" that I command spews forth from a flamethrower and a compact assault rifle.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

The only reason Royce took his time to finish his opponents was because HE HAD TIME and he wanted to do it safely (i.e. not give his opponent ANY chance to escape or hurt him).

Oh you know this. Yeah, I'm sure he would have controlled Kimo that well in a streetfight, huh. Besides, that was then, this is now. I don't hear much Gracie activity in UFC anymore. Fighters have learned how to handle grapplers now, so now it's all about who the best fighter is. Not what the best style is.

Look I'll say UFC is the closest thing to a "Real" fight if you say UFC is not "Reality". Deal?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

hey hey hey,

you can't win.

a lot of guys still hang onto this idea of ring fights being the test of the best martial art.

they just want a round-about way to say that they are studying the best martial art.

but then so what if they are?

it doesn't mean that they will be any good...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

The fighters that have learned how to handle grapplers all now grapple. No-one who fights in Pride or UFC is a pure striker.

I've posted above that there is a difference between a sport fight and a streetfight and what some of those differences are. There is also a difference between women's self-defense and what a man would do.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

still hasn't given any details about his art...

yeah, still waiting... For real, bro, stop screwing around, what is your REAL art.

shhh...

he's reading...

sorry

feeling a bit flippant today...

treebranch-

Fighters have learned how to handle grapplers now, so now it's all about who the best fighter is. Not what the best style is.

Fighters have larned to deal with Grapplers because they have learned grappling BJJ or some sort of submission wrestling is a basic neccesity in todays game...The gracies built that.

Yeah, I'm sure he would have controlled Kimo that well in a streetfight

how many 170 pound guys could stand and trade blows with kimo? you own attempt to make him look bad shows an extereme ..he beat someone who had 100+ pounds of muscle mass on him with skill and technique on top of that.