• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who's arguing? The closest thing, OK. Putting up a strawman, hmm. It's not doing you any good thinking UFC is the closest thing to reality.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very popular subject lately. UFC IS A SPORT COMPETITION, for all the BJJ purests did you watch PRIDE this weekend. It was not a grappler defeats all . K1 will have much more striking. The point is you need both because the only reality is you do not know how it will go.

Remember the GRACIES SELL BJJ TAPES and BOOKS so the say all fights go to the ground because they take it there. Just like DILLMAN sells BOOKS ON PREASSURE POINTS so he says it is all you need

being narrow minded will get you nothing but pain sometimes alot of it.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

Who's arguing? The closest thing, OK. Putting up a strawman, hmm. It's not doing you any good thinking UFC is the closest thing to reality.

Show me something closer that can exist as a sport?

Show me something closer then continuing that training method and philosophy but including foul techniques, weapons, multiple attackers, etc in training using appropriate control and safety equipment.

Show us something that does that and you will probably be on the cover of every martial arts magazine next month.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Life is study. Always more to learn. Not knowing drives us to know.

All I'm saying is UFC and that type of training is training someone to win in that type of competition. If you want to train for reality, there is much more to it. You know what I'm talking about so I don't want to explain it. Part of training for reality is memorizing the phrase, " Don't be there."

Yes, and that CAN be included in a MMA curriculum.

Your profile says TKD, do you agree when everyone sees TKD as nothing more then the olympic style sparring?

You are doing the same thing to MMA, just looking at the competition format. For some schools that is all they do, just like TKD, for others it is only a part of it.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

I actually have a low view of TKD because of some bad experiences with instructors, but that was a long time ago. TKD is a sport, you are correct. If you are speaking about MMA training methods and such, that is a completely different topic altogether. I never said MMA is not effective for a real situation, I would never say that. Also it depends what your Mixing and what the training methods are.

NHB fighting is the closest that you can get to real fighting. CAn you name something more realistic, besides actual street fighting?

Exactly.

Treebranch said:
Who's arguing? The closest thing, OK.