Kumite988

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I need some help on my Hook kick I am not generating nearly enough power. Any tip on how to get it faster and more powerful. Right now I am only aiming for the chest area.

Develop a motive cordenation, and use more Kime in the kick, when it plays in the objective it pulls the leg immediately to generate Kime. breaks boards is good.

"Someday, I'll be the most powerfull jedi ever..."

Here's how they teach us to do the hook kick: raise your knee and kick as if doing a side kick, but direct it sightly forward. Then move your leg back keeping it streight for a while, then bend your knee.

If you are going for the distance, hit with the sole of your foot. If you are going for the power, you can hit with your heel.

Good luck!

OOOO the Hook my worst kick by far. LOL

Ask someone else mine sucks LOL....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

My fav kick (actually the spinning hook kick is my best). You have to turn your hip into it. It's really hard for me to expain. I have to show you.

I need to know if you are trying the regular hook kick or the spinning version. The spinning one has more power, because of the motion going into it.

But you have three months of training, so don't let it get you down. It took me a long time to get this kick right. Just keep practicing ;)

Laurie F

practice i slow with a lot of power then get a bit faster untill u get the same power as the slow one, keep doing this

L8er

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

Start doing lifting routines with the hamstrings: ie Roman Chair Hamstrong Curls, or Leg Curls lying down, or you can use ankle weights to strap on dumbells which you can use by holding onto a wall and pulling your foot up with your hamstrings.

Then start doing slow kicks and work on the glutes. The first kick is the side kick, since holding it up there for a while strengthens the glutes significantly as well as the sides of the hip that stabilize the two kicks. Also work on holding onto a pole or wall and working your hook kick slowely with the best form possible.

Then practice hook kicks in front of a mirror to analyze your progress.

Hope that helps.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Good advice from all! Hook kick is a fav or mine too :brow: but it does take a while to develop power. Breaking with it requires more timing than anything and learning to coordinate kime and technique along with the timing requires REPETITION ON TARGET.

My breakdown of the kick: Aim just off the target and think about throwing your most powerful side kick-punching through your target with lots of kime....then redirect the power by recoiling your leg like a roundhouse-think traditional style where you turn the hip over then force it to open up on the recoil. A good drill to develop the hip timing and strength is to do hook kick then round kick to the same target without putting the leg down (double paddle works well-or xray paper closed in a door if you have no partner). Good luck!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/