• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What should I do?

I'm sorry if my posts seemed offensive, that was certainately not my intention. The point I am trying to make is, if people judge my based on the way I think and act I may seem dangerous. People might say I'm "not well." But the fact remains I'm not overly agressive or dangerous to people unless they were to attack me first. The children this man talks to may feel quite threatened by that man, but he may not have any hostile intentions at all.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think I understand where you're coming from, Warp Spider, BUT...

Even if his intentions aren't hostile, there's still the fact that he's talking to these kids about worshipping the devil. I can't speak for their mothers, but I know my mother wouldn't be too pleased about that...that's some pretty scary stuff! I'm 16 and I wouldn't want anybody talking to me about that. :uhoh:

Obviously he can't be arrested for that because this is America and he is free to practice his religion. But parents are also free to protect their children.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I would inform the parents of the kids, but if the deranged man has any family I would also talk to them. They would probably like to get him some help but the commitment laws in many states make it almost impossible to commit a mentally ill person against his will. But maybe if they have a witness to his having threatened people with a sword they can get him the help he needs. If the man is truly mentally ill I am sure you would not want to attack him unless someone's safety were at stake. This is a tough problem. Good luck, and let us know what happens!

• 4 weeks later...
I would try to get written statements from the children and present them to the police, and let them follow up. Personally I don't think I could contain myself if I saw someone talking to kids about worshiping the devil.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.