• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what do you think of bowflex

robodjs

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I’m crapped out better work out equipment. If you want lean tone, it is ok, but if you want to build muscle and gain strength, stick with free weights and weight machines. I had one for a while, it didn’t do jack for me, maybe a little more tone, that is it. You HAVE to order extra weight, if you are anything more then a 90 pound weakling ,the weight you start with, its a joke. If you want to grow and get strong, nothing tops good old fashion Iron.

The bowflex is a great piece of equipment, but it's price tag makes me not reccommend it. True, it doesn't allow one to bulk up like they are lifting iron, but it is capable of making the perseverent user much stronger.

I have noticed changes in my kicking power, and my arms (though they are still not very big), and especially my upper body. The bowflex is not a waste of time if done properly for the individual.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• 1 year later...

Free weights are a lot more effective strength wise than most equipment anyway.

If I were you I'd get a bench and some dumb bells that would be suited for what you plan on training for.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bowflex is garbage...

The design alone, doesn't provide for consistant resistance throughout the range of motion... and there IS that matter of 'What if there's breakage?" and "Can I afford to pay for someone's hospital bill if there's a piece breaks off while I'm using it, and that piece takes out my friend?"

I'm all for good exercise gear... but Bowflex doesn't meet my standards...

I'd go for the "Total Gym"...(And you can buy it at Dicks Sporting Goods, both online AND in the store)

Or... I'd go for a simple weight bench and free weights...

Or I'd just learn to do it the old fashioned way... and get used to doing different calestentics in ways to target each muscle group properly for maximum benefit.

"Tournaments are the least important aspect of martial arts..." Pat E. Johnson--Technical Advisor and "Chief Referee" for the Karate Kid movies.

We have one of the original ones so I am guessing it is about 20 years old or so. It has been through hell and still works-never had anything break on it nor had any problems. If you are serious about bulking up-yes you need to up the weight (we added about 100lbs of resistance for my husband). If you are interested in strength training and toning it works just fine. You can also get a pretty good cardio workout on it too.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/