• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nunchucks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

not entirely sure about this but i heard there was something about the number of links you are allowed to have a set of chucks.

for twelve inch chucks you cannot have more than 8 links

but you are allowed to have twelve links for shorter chucks.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

couldn't you overcome that by having longer links? 5 long links could be longer than 10 short ones :-?

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

well i think it's something to do what you are allowed to sell (which probably governs the size of things too).

after all they can't control what you make at home...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

I think its illegal to carry any weapon of any discription in Great Britain unless you are either going to or from your place of training and it has to be covered properly and out of sight.I also think the law in England has changed or may be changing soon so that you can not even carry it to and from training,I'm quite sure thats true of most Knives especially the Sai but it may also include the Nunchaku

Never give in

well that's cos we have stupid laws in this country

I'm a white belt, and the second week of going to karate I was shown a few basic things with them. Ofourse, I was hooked and I bought a wooden set online, after around a month of screwing around with them, I had to buy ones with foam (I hit myself in the back of the head everytime I tried to do that under-the-elbow move). Now that I'm relatively fast with them and can perform the basics without hitting myself, I'm totally hooked! Though I'm getting bored since I only know the basics, I should ask one of my instructors to show us some more nunchaku stuff again. We switch off with learning weapons every other week.

...I actually went on the internet to see if I could find clips/pictures of Bruce Lee with nunchucks, just so I could learn so more stuff. I worked too :)

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Ah, you're lucky TheDevilAside, my Senseis have never trained with the nunchaku so the only way I can learn is from stuff I get online and from stuff I see in movies..stuff that I think I can handle practicing without ending up in the hospital of course =P

And I agree with you DokterVet, it is weird you can get a gun easily but you can't carry two sticks a chain around you...even though you can make damage..hey, what would you rather see, someone with a gun or a nunchaku?? :P

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

The reason is, guns have a "legitimate" use for hunting. The use of two sticks joined by a chain for the purposes of training for a situation in which you theoretically would not be legally permitted to use them anyway (actual combat) is thus not covered by most laws.

You can legally use a gun to shoot an animal in many places, so you are allowed to own one and practice with it. The legality of hunting with nunchucks is a grey area. :roll:

A gun is definately more dangerous than a pair of nunchucks, but then again a car is even more dangerous and a healthy supply of dynamite even more so. The laws aren't based around danger, but around practicality.

Curiously enough, some extremely dangerous devices have not been outlawed in many countries simply because the legislators never thought it could ever be a problem. Technically speaking, no law prohibits me from carrying a flamethrower in a shopping mall, or walking downtown with a rocket launcher. Thermonuclear devices likewise are not technically illegal to own or operate - though the sale and transport of radioactive materials is controlled, if you were to get some it could not be legally confiscated unless it was stolen. :brow:

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!