• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

black belts

i dont understand why people stop learning when they become black belts. Just becasue you are a black belt doesnt mean that you are a good fighter.i believe that becoming a black belt is not the end but the true begining of ones matrial training. My teacher is still learning ,from his teacher, and he is a 3rd degree black belt.

Be like the water - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Hanshi has been learning for 37 yrs. and he is a 9th degree black belt and is quick to tell you that he learns new things all the time. He says if someone ever tells you they know it all, turn and run as fast as you can. I'm not there yet but I do believe that an all knew learning experience begins at black belt.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

just people in general. alot of people think that just becasue they are black belts they can just stop learning. They dont realise what they have learned is only the tip of the ice berg.

Be like the water - Bruce Lee

i am not a black belt yet(almost halfway!!) but i will be eager to learn after i finally get mine because they learn so many new things such as forms and diff. stuff. i can't wait! alot of people get burnt out around red-brown belt( tae kwon do belt system) and most of them have told me that they got all pumped up again after they got their black belt.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

You have all walks of life that get into martial arts for various reasons. Of that, you'll probably get half that after time have a true understanding that martial arts is a way of life, and the other half who see it as achieving their black belt, and then moving on. That's just the way it is :brow: .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I don't know about everyone else but I did not start learning till I became a black belt

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."