• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Online Video....???

RedDragon

Does anyone know if there is a video online that shows the kata "the way of the wolverine"?

Thanks.

Adam

Traditional Japanese Goju Ryu Karate

Mike Lasci's Northern Martial Arts Centre

My lifestyle determines my deathstyle

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Never heard of that kata, but it sounds like something from Kung Fu, Taekwondo i'd guess.

It is a kata that I have to learn... so as my sig says, it is a Goju Ryu karate kata.

I wasn't asking what style it comes from. I want to know if there is an online video of it.

Adam

Don't mean to offend anyone.. but it sounds like the kind of kata an X-men fan would make up :lol:

I have never heard of it. What is it? I have never seen it in a list of Goju katas. I am not doubting it's existance, but I would really like to know what sort of kata it is.

Thanks,

motoko

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi

i'm thinking of chinte, which means 'incredible hands'. wolverine had 'incredible hands' in x-men, so that might be it :lol:

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

I did a search and found this, don't know if it will help but might give you a place to start.

The Way of the Wolverine

Ken Tallack taught this to various people at a summer camp, including my present instructor, Michael Bernardo. It spread around from there, and Michael Bernardo commonly teaches this as a kata to perform at karate tournaments. Since I learnt it, it has been changed slightly by my instructor and he also introduced a version with some flashier moves for tournaments. I also do it a little differently in the occasional tournament as well. So, I know of four slightly altered versions of this form. I know that Bob Dalgleish from Sudbury created the original version of the form.

Here's the web site:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/jeffrey.muir/jeffnote.htm

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I've trained on the Kata Way Of the Wolverine, it is a Kata but not an "original" Goju.. As gheinisch posted above Bob Dalgleish created it and taught to many of the Senseis up here in the North. I've looked for videos myself but nothing has come up. If I find anything online I'll let you know. =P

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

You could try emailing this person, jeffrey.muir@sympatico.ca .

It is referenced on a web site owned by him were he quotes...

"...Bob Dalgleish from Sudbury created the original version of the form."

You could ask Jeffrey about the kata.

I found that via Google.

Thank you to everyone who posted some useful information here.

Bob Dalgleish was my Sensei's, Sensei's instructor, which explains why we learn the Kata (we all live in Sudbury). I guess that I will just have to keep looking. Again thanks to everyone who posted useful information.

Adam