• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

start karate

wilko9999

my friend is starting karate, he wants 2 start because he saw me train, why did you start karate? and why do you think it a good idear 2 start karate.

i started because of martial art films with Jet Li, Bruce Lee, plus my friend gos karate and his dad owns the club.

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started because I quit football and wanted to start something completely new. Plus my some of my friends were taking it.
Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

My wife thought it would be good idea for me and my then 14 yr. old to start taking it. Something for us to do together. I wasn't so sure being 38 yrs. old at the time. We've being training together for four yrs. now and I wouldn't give it up for anything. I think I'm going to loose my training partner this year after he graduates school though. He's joining the Navy. I'm happy and proud of him though. I'll have too train for us both I guess.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I started karate because i like bruce etc. and I want to be like strong, tough and increase my confident.

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

Interesting how I got started in karate actually. Being 6'6" tall, and at that time, around 220lbs (now 240 *sigh*) I rarely had to worry about self-defense.

I was 22 years old and fresh out of the Army. I called a bud of mine to see if he wanted to go drink some beer and chase women, but he declined and said he had a karate class to go to. I asked if I could come and watch, and he said "Sure."

When we got to the sensei's home, I found the small class of about 8 students was in the living room of his duplex apartment. The sensei, a 6'2" barrel chested cowboy, told me to take my shoes off and get in line. I told him I just came to watch my fruiend, and he said "If you're interested enough to watch, you're interested enough to try it!" So, off came my shoes, and I had a blast my first class!

2 months later my friend quit the class, and I've been still going ever since! This coming January will be 29 years, and I still don't know close to what I want to know..but I'm trying!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I started karate because my family has always been in boxing. Two Golden Glove champs most recently.... I loved to fight but wanted more tools. I started karate and boxed as well and when UFC came out I started judo and wrestling.