• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What good is board breaking really?

Many karate schools.if not all,teach board breaking as one of the ways to practice focus and concentration,being able to see through the board in order to break them.

However there are many more useful ways of practicing focus and concentration.

Any moron can learn to break a board in just a few minutes though,even if they have never done martial arts before,so does board breaking really have any use to it?I don't think so.Is the practice of boarding breking not a waiste of time?I believe it is,it's more of just a matter of fun then being useful.

1/boards don't fight back

2/breaking boards doesn't build up your power

3/breaking boards doesn't make you a better fighter

4/heavy bags don't fight back either but at least you can gain focus,concentration,build power,speed,and improve on technique all at one time.

I never could understand what was the point of the practice of board breaking.

Besides having fun,all this makes board breaking in martial arts a waiste of time.Does anyone here not agree? :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't put things down just because you don't do them, or they are done differently than you normally do things. your school probally does things different than mine does, but i'm not all like "that's stupid" or whatever.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

Depends if a tree attacks you or not.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

yeah, didn't you see the two towers or harry potter? those trees looked pretty viscous to me. that said, i believe board breaking has many more uses against than just being fun. any moron can learn how to throw a kick, even if they don't have any experience in the martial arts. but can they make it useful an effective? it's all interpretation

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

you know, i never thought to bring my board breaking skills to the cross country course. i think you're onto something... :lol: :karate:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai