• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey guys, bout a month or so ago i began experienceing pain on the inside of my lower leg after a heavy go at the bag (right about the shin) my instructor said it was shin splints. shin splints?! from kicking?! ive been reading up and i jus want to make sure its not a stress fracture, so all you guys that have had similar injuries, your advice would be apreciated. 1) how long should i rest up? total rest or jus go easy? 2) all you guys with previous stress fractures, were you able to walk without pain? was there swelling? Thats bout it, thanks for hearing my rant.

To advance the art,

To honor my sifu,

To fight for the sake of the fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
it might be shin splints, but ya better to see what it really is rather than risk further injury. If it is shin splints a thing to do is leave your toes on the ground and try to bring your heel to your calf going forward

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• 3 weeks later...
I think i feel something similar.. in the back of my leg i feel a lite pull.. doesn't hurt unless i bend down and come up quick.. yet when i strctch out and am all ihyped up.. i dont feel it weired

A yellow belt who's words never hurt, yet skills send chills throughout the body.

Shotokan Student - 11 months training

Hey guys, bout a month or so ago i began experienceing pain on the inside of my lower leg after a heavy go at the bag (right about the shin) my instructor said it was shin splints. shin splints?! from kicking?! ive been reading up and i jus want to make sure its not a stress fracture, so all you guys that have had similar injuries, your advice would be apreciated. 1) how long should i rest up? total rest or jus go easy? 2) all you guys with previous stress fractures, were you able to walk without pain? was there swelling? Thats bout it, thanks for hearing my rant.
\

ouch!