• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ninjutsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i was interested in this style. i think it is very good for many different purposes, but i was shocked by the pile of weapons it involves. i am not sure which of those are required for belt levels so i hesitate. i visited a site of a german dojo in a city that is too far away from my area to attend regular training though. there r very few ninjutsu dojos in germany so i dont know whether i'd ever be able to train it. but as to ur question: i heard of it ;) :) :karate:

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of weapons in the Bujinkan. But when you get down to it everything is a weapon. And again you'll find once you get into it all the weapons are the same and once you get good with one all the others will just be easy too. It's all just a feeling and once you capture that feeling you can apply it to anything. Like if you visit the ocean and you get a certain feeling. Then when you listen to a tape of the ocean you get the same feeling. Or when you sit quietly and think about the ocean you get the same feeling again. So that sort of thing is a big part of the Bujinkan.

There are weapons per grade but really it depends more on your instructor. Weapons don't really matter untit your Taijutsu is good anyway.

So your best bet is to seriously practice Taijutsu and then just goof around with weapons so that when it comes time at least your not all goofy and uncoordinated with a bo or whatever.

"It's quite interesting..."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ninjutsu is cool. but... its definitly not what movies make it out to be.

its a very practical art and very quick. elimination of excess movement and being quiet in general...

pretty cool stuff.

ninjas rock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
ninjitsu has adapted to times my friend. That is why it is formally called ninpo budo taijutsu now by the only true living ninja in the world, hatsumi sensei in tokyo japan, recognized as a national treasure for his knowledge. He changed the name, or his predescesor did. Because we no longer live in a world fought and based on farms and armies on horses with spears and sword. Today is different and the art has adapted to survive the tests of time. Look into it if you are interested. I have studied this art here in japan. It is interesting to say the least.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger