• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts University

I know that nowadays it is pretty rare, but does anyone know of some Martial Arts Academies in America, that function like some of the Wushu schools in Asia. What I mean is, a school almost like college, where you live there and train all day. For me that would be SO COOL! :karate:

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
y'know, there was a time when most of the kung fu clubs were like recruiting grounds for triads...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

oooh, another contentious point.

i have lots of bad stories about a load of schools, especially in the area around shaolin and fatshan that are 100% mcdojos.

things like shouting to a group of guys who to put on their costumes and perform for you to um, show you their "skills"...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I have read about a place in NY that is a Budhist meditation centre/school, that also has martial arts classes there. I think you can live there for the duration of your training. But I don't think that's quite what you want, unless you are into the spirtual and internal side of it as well.

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi

My instructor is thinking about (well it's his dream, anyways) starting something like a "live-in" training program. I think it would be cool. I donno if he will have it year-round or just a few months at a time. He (my instructor) can prolly tell you more. Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F