• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

question

is karate, kung fu, or any other striking art that good? In ufc they prooved that grappling arts won so what do you think?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Sansoo,

Not everyone who practices Karate or any other MA competes.

Different people look for different things in their training. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me UFC is just another sport. It doesn't make me feel any differently about my art or any others. All arts have their strong and weak points. I respect them all. I chose Shotokan and I feel it fits me. I am also interested in other arts as well. I live, I learn, I train. As long as you enjoy what you are doing the art doesn't matter. Its the spirit of the person that really matters. I'll never be as good as a Bruce Lee, but I keep on training. Every class is another step, every punch or kick is an adventure......... :roll:

I wouldn't have it any other way............ :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

They are good but diffeart rules mean differant things. The early UFC's with no time and basically no one used to grapple stand up guys did not have chance once they went down. The last few UFC's I have watch have been pretty balanced I think. In all reality it depends if you can avoid fighting the other person fight.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

self esteem man self esteem, bruce lee ain't got nothing on you

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

self esteem man self esteem, bruce lee ain't got nothing on you

LOL!!! thats because Im still alive!!! :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I agree with shotochem. I watched the UFC and I personally hated it. I'm not in MA for sport. I'm not a fan of grappling.

But since my new school does do grappling, I have watched the UFC from a different view point. I have used techniques that those guys used (my personal fav is the arm bar :D ). It's not a total waste to watch it. Those guys do have good moves. But then again, it does have rules, and it is sport.

It's just my personal opinion. I'm not bashing the UFC. It doesn't make it right or wrong, or make those arts bad. It's just the way I feel.

Laurie F

what channel is the ufc on? the # and name of it, i forgot it

Maurice Smith did well in the UFC and he is a stand up fighter! I saw him front kick a guy one time, and it looked like a truck had hit him!

The other responses are right. UFC style fights are a sport. Different people train for different reasons. In our school we train to defend ourselves not to fight UFC fighters.

how do you know you can defend yourself if you never try? Sparring isn't like fighting.

Some people buy a gun and they hope they never have to use it. Others buy a gun and can't wait to use it. Which are you? Edited by Treebranch

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"