• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Someone help?

Coco

Im brand new to karate and im taking lessons mon wed and firdays, ive had 2 lessons alredy. can anyone help me on performing the junino kata? i sometimes forget the steps. Can anyone explain all the steps? thanka lot

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I don't know that kata or at least I don't know it by that name. However it takes time to learn kata. Don't expect to pick it up in one class, one week or even one month. Kata is a very important part of traing but Sensei Funakoshi said it takes 1000 reps of a kata before you know it and many more to master it.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I don't recognise the name of that kata either, but I agree with G95champ. Kata takes time to learn.

When I learned my first kata (Kihon kata AKA Taikyoku Shodan) I had severe difficulties. I laugh now when I think about it, but at the time I was always forgetting what came next, and most of all, where to put my feet.

There's no substitute for practice, and its not an easy thing to do, especially when you feel you're getting nowhere. Just stick at it, though, and it'll soon start slipping into place.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

• 3 weeks later...
Junino? What form of karate are you taking exactly? (Ive never heard of that either)

Patience is a grand- either you can learn it or I can make you learn it.

Never heard of it, many Katas nowadays go by many diffrent names... so you might want to check over the name of that Kata or find the actual name of it.. By the way what is your type of martial arts?

A yellow belt who's words never hurt, yet skills send chills throughout the body.

Shotokan Student - 11 months training

i hadent herd of this kata either,

but ive done some quick reaserch and found some infomation on it, it looks like the style is Shitokai from the website that i found, most of the katas are the same as the Shotokan katas.

I assume the Kata is similar to Kihon Kata because khion dosent appear on the list of kata names.

heres the link that i found http://www.usakarateclubs.com/kata_list.htm

Shotokan Karate - brown belt 2nd kyu

Judo - Yellow belt

Jujustu - recently started, white belt

never heard of the kata but be patient. You've just begun your training. Your best bet would be to ask your instructor any questions that you have. He/ She knows you just started and will have questions that need to be answered.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Patience, grasshopper. for all of the thousands of times I've done my first Kata (Gekesai Dai Ni) I still am corrected constantly and shown subtle nuance of movement each time, speed, breathing, timing adjustments, etc... This is part of the basis of karate, developing the patience to constantly continue learning and yet never learn enough. Hehe, you'll find out if ya stick with it :D