• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Olympic Karate, do you like it?

Bl4cKtH0rN

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hello everybody budokas brothers.

i think that if the karate-do be olimpic a lot of traditions be lost.

the ninjutsu is olimpic??

the aikido is olimpic??

the jiujutsu is olimpic??

(for mentionate japanese or okinawan martial arts)

WHY???

because this martial arts not be created for that.

is true that we are in a peaceful times (thanks god) , but making the karate-do olimpic only for growing up is dump , because in this case we can teach karate-do for free in all the schools and this martial art grow faster (for example)

of course the judo is olimpic and how is the judo training?? , only the sport part matters , the tradittion is lost , well of course not in all the dojos , but in a lot of them.

well thats my opinion , i like the compettition karate-do too is very....funny.

see you later brothers.....

im my eyes you are the best if you stay with one style and master that one style, why beacuse if you have to train and worry about your 2 different styles your not gonna be as good as you would be if you focused on mastering one style

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

sorry about that, i typed this in the wrong post lol

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Well, Karate is soon joining the Olympics, so it will turn into some sport anyway....like always, :roll:

It would be cool to compete there, I would like to try, but in my heart I will definetly stay a true karateka and practice karate traditionally..

Kill is love

Hi!

Im a traditionalist, how ever i think is good get olympics.

The Referee Comitee of the WKF is fighting to keep the tradition into the competition.

Keep the faith.

(excuse for my poor english) 8)

Ilich Miguel Torres Fong (Budo Kai Karate Do)

2nd Dan Black Belt Shito Kai (World Shito Ryu Karate Do Federation)

Center American & Caribbean Kumite Judge (WKF Panamerican Zone), National Kata Judge (México)

Monterrey, Nuevo León México

Im open to learn & talk about any MA or Style (all are great)

I am in favour of it. A lot of schools train Karate as a sport, more geared for tornaments than self defense. Where as I wouldn't learn a Martial Art for that purpose those who do should be able to compete at the highest level.

Keep an open mind