• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Olympic Karate, do you like it?

Bl4cKtH0rN

Olympic Karate, does you like?

Olympic Karate was the type that I practiced (Goju-ryu Seigokan) recentimente :kaioken: until having freed my mind and I discovered the traditional karate. the Olympic karate doesn't take a lot in consideration traditions as the katas and the way of struggling are totally different. :karate:

"Someday, I'll be the most powerfull jedi ever..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

vc treinava com a sensei Hisuru?

Goju-ryu é tradicional... agora num sei como a seigokan ensina...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

Olympic karate? First I've heard. I thought only TKD and Judo were in Olympics as yet :-?

Do you mean sport karate as opposed to Traditional Karate?

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi

Yeah, TKD and Jud o are the only Olympic Martial Arts. I know they are trying to get a Kata competition into the Olympics, but Olympic Karate...

I dont like Olympic TKD. I think it is rather incomplete and flashy, too much emphasis on competition. It is part of the reason people "think" TKD is just about flashy kicks, when it is not.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

I think it´s a good oportunity to grow...but we must remember who we r (traditional karate)

I don´t like The process of the Traditional TKD to the Olimpyc TKD, but i think it´s a beautiful Sport yet.

8)

Ilich Miguel Torres Fong

2nd Dan Black Belt Shito Kai (World Shito Ryu Karate Do Federation)

Center American & Caribbean Kumite Judge (WKF Panamerican Zone), National Kata Judge (México)

Monterrey, Nuevo León México

Im open to learn & talk about any MA or Style (all are great)

I like traditional karate. It was created for a purpose and I think that purpose doesn't really exist in "olympic" versions, but it's always fun to go and compete to see what happens. Just remember where your roots are.