• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

most complete fighting art

Muay Thai Fighter,

Your lack of understanding and respect for other Martial arts is shocking and an embarrassment to your chosen art, if you even study one at all.

Never give in

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't buy the whole hidden argument. Speaking from a personal point of view as someone who has recently begun to learn Tai Chi after several years of Wing Chun training. I can see and and know what the applications and techniques are without them being expalined to me. So someone who has studied a similar karate styles should be able to do the same thing. Someone with no knowledge of the art on the other hand is in a different boat.

As one of my kung fu uncles is fond of saying, the body only has two arms and two legs which limits the possibilities on how to punch and kick. With that said it seems to me that it would be easy to determine the "hidden" techniques within the kata's. With a good foundation in Siu Lim Tao and Chum Kiu students learning the Biu Gee form of Wing Chun can apply and figure out most techniques on their own with minimal guidance at this point.

Sounds to me more like has been mentioned and I see frequently advertised, "Come train with us and learn the secret hidden techniques not shown to outsiders." Of which all arts are guilty.

Wing Chun Kuen Alliance

https://www.wing-chun.us

its obviously not easy to see hidden techniques, because there are still many movements in kata that people cannot explain or have only incomplete explanations for. kata are also designed to make you think you know what the techniques are when in fact they are different.

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan