• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

most complete fighting art

most complete art? I think thats a relative question, there is no "complete" art. It depends on a lot of things. I think that a martial art I think of whats good for you, is it good for your built? your goals? etc. It really depends on you and your master. Some people like Chevys because its blah blah blah, and some like Fords because of whatever.Both are good cars. Anyone can knitpick at anything. I don't like this or that. Its a very relative question.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most sensibe people will realise that no one art is complete, that would be asking for the PERFECT style.

however, there will always exist that group of individuals who want to, in a round about way, say that their art is the best.

it is our job to inform them, by logical reasoning that there is no such thing.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

you can never stop learning, martial arts just like life is a learning experiance, one day you will do this this way, but one day you will figure out that there is a more effective way to do it better. Its human nature to want to better ones self. I would find a art that works more on developing a person from the inside and out, rather than just a certain way.

and then some people's idea of effective self defence is being about to maim the opponent in lots of brutal moves.

my own view of self defence is being able to subdue/control opponent.

even when i spar, i tend to just stop the hits coming in and prefere to tie their hands. i can see then openings in their defence but i just chose not to go that route, at least not yet becauses i don't feel my defence skills are good enough for me to move onto attacking that much.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I agree that there is no complete art however there are some arts that are more complete then others(the mixed martial arts styles)just as there are some arts that are completely limited,such as karate.

Doing katas limits one's fighting ability.

Mixed Martial Arts that concentrate specifically on self-defense/fighting are the only useful arts available and have been proven over and over again in UFC,Pride,etc.,however even they have limits.

:lol: muaythaifighter, you never cease to make me laugh!

many a person would regard tai chi as a useful martial art, an in my experience that's been nothing but forms. and quite frankly, i hardly believe that a half naked guy beating up on people in a ring on pay per view holds as "proving an art". i'll pull a gun on one of your beloved UFC fighters, and we'll just see what he does.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Yeah, MMA has it limitations. MMA is a sport, nothing more. It isn't a style, That is why it is MIXED Martial Arts. A Karateka and enter, a Judoka can enter, a Boxer can enter, etc, etc. It can't be the most complete art, it isn't even a style!

Yeah, MMA has it limitations. MMA is a sport, nothing more. It isn't a style, That is why it is MIXED Martial Arts. A Karateka and enter, a Judoka can enter, a Boxer can enter, etc, etc. It can't be the most complete art, it isn't even a style!

I never once said MMA doesn't have its limitations infact I did say all styles do,just some more then others.

What makes mixed martial arts a sport and traditional arts not?What to you makes other arts more of a style then mixed styles?

As far as I am concerned mixed martial arts are more of a martial arts then your typical traditional arts.After all martial arts is originally meant for self-defense yet styles like karate don't teach much of it,they teach alot of katas,where as other styles like Pankration,Savate,Shooto etc.concentrate specifically on self-defense.

The word "martial" is for combat,if I am correct.Traditional arts have very little of that training.

Do you even know the difference between a martial arts style and sport?

A karate ka,judo practitioner,and a boxer can enter the octagon but they would all lose without knowing any other styles.To win in the octagon you would have to know a combination of arts such as stand up and grappling or you will lose as simple as that.No single art will work in UFC or Pride.In case you haven't noticed most fights go from stand up to the ground and usually won by submission.

Traditional arts are not the type of martial arts that will work in competitions like UFC,Sabaki Challenge or Pride.

MMA not being a style is what makes it a better martial arts,because then it means it is less limited.

:lol: muaythaifighter, you never cease to make me laugh!

many a person would regard tai chi as a useful martial art, an in my experience that's been nothing but forms. and quite frankly, i hardly believe that a half naked guy beating up on people in a ring on pay per view holds as "proving an art". i'll pull a gun on one of your beloved UFC fighters, and we'll just see what he does.

I will agree that tai chi is nothing but forms.

You see UFC as just a bunch of half naked guys beating up on people in a ring for pay per preview,and don't see it as proving an art,well then you have never watched or don't know much about UFC.

They prove their art by using what they are trained in,and they all have mixed martial arts experience.

To even bring up guns is stupid,because we're not here to discuss about what weapons can do,any moron knows that a gun can kill anyone regardless of martial arts being taken or whether a person has trained in M.A or not.You're stating the obvious.Don't get off topic,we are discussing martial arts and only martial arts not guns,you don't have to be in martial arts to know what a gun can do.

I pull a gun on one of you karate guys and it will be the end of you too,so what's your point?

Edited by MuayThai Fighter

one of these days you'll have to wake up and see the application of techniques. a punch is a punch, whether it's in karate or one of the styles you listed. why you can't see this is beyond me. i think in another post awhile back you said tai chi wasn't a martial art. there are punches, kicks, strikes, even a shove, i don't see where the lack of self defense is. i also don't understand how you can rely on th UFC as the deciding factor as to what is effective or not.

just my opinion.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai