• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

most complete fighting art

what art do you think is the most complete?

I'd say Kung Fu San Soo, and judo are pretty complete. They both use throws, strikes, joint locks, chokes, pressure point and nerve point tactics.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say hwarang do for the same reasons above plus emphasis on various mental aspects... why do i get the feeling everyone will just slap there own style on this thread?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

um, but then most people would just say taht their art is the most complete.

i personally believe that you should learn all that your own style has to offer, then IF you need (or want) to, go and learn the things you feel weren't covered from another art.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I think in order for an art to be "complete", it must have Kata/Forms, Weapon/open hand training, some sort of sparring to apply what you learn, help you keep your body to the best that it can be kept, teach you knowledge about the art, and try to learn peace.

y'know, this has got me thinking and i can't for the life of think of a martial art that i would say is complete.

give me a while while i do some research...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

This is a tricky question. If you are well versed in your art, and faced with a self defense situation then you should be able to take care of yourself.

If you are talking about MMA the Pride fights, and UFC's show us that you have to know a little bit of everything.

Budo Taijutsu. 9 schools of fighting in one. It covers everything from striking, grappling, weapons (including firearms), leaping and rolling, swimming techniques, stealth, mental and spiritual aspects, and much much more. Get it all for $9.95.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"