• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pinan Sandan

DokterVet

In pinan sandan, do you perform a kiai on the spear hand, or the punch a few moves later (after the backfist)?

I've seen it both ways, and wonder how many people do it each way.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
On the punch.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

In Heain Sandan they are at the punch at the top of the center line and the last elbow.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

In Sandan it's at the punch, I believe in Nidan the kiai is on the spear hand. I'm I remembering right on that guys and gals? I think I'm right. We just started working on this two in class.

Greg :D :karate:

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Yes...you are right gheinish...of course, we do it the "old way" with the seemingly more complicated Pinan Shodan before the simpler Pinan Nidan, so our Pinan Nidan is your Pinan Shodan, and vice versa.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Punch, though for use there no backfist only a gendan barai.

I too dont' kiai as much as I should. I just can't do it unless I mean it, and I'm not one to use weak little "aiya"s for the sake of it. I also find it hard to pull it up from the gut or hara.

Speaking of which where is the kiai in Naihanchi (or Tekki shodan).

Mind, body and fist. Its all a man truly needs.