• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

should the kiba-dachi be low?

Bl4cKtH0rN

If you studied fighting with actual fighting stances, you didn't need to do it for as long. Then you could do two 20 min squat workouts a week to strengthen hips, legs and back.

People in Krav maga or Shootfighting schools learn to fight a lot faster than those in Shotokan schools because more time is spend in what actually happens in a fight than in "doing fighting motions in ridiculous stances you can't use in a fight". If you, instead of doing 2 hours of fighting in a absurdly low stance, only do it for 1 and half hours with real fighting stuff, then go to gym twice a week for strength training (maybe 30-40 mins each time), you get stronger faster, you also become a fighter faster and no more time is spent. Probably even less is spent this way per week.

But as you said again: you do it to better yourself, that's fine by me. I find the truth in the pudding (in fighting performance in this case) but that is always an individual choice.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:karate: Karate is secret :karate: The secret is in the kata :karate: Edited by Bl4cKtH0rN

"Someday, I'll be the most powerfull jedi ever..."

If anyone would like to see people with very powerfull legs they should go and see a Kyokushin Knockdown fight or people training in Kyokushin or Muay Thai.In Kyokushin we pound the legs all the time as do the Muay thai guys, wheather we are going to compete or not its all part of the training.Neither practice those really deep stances you see in Shotokan and I've yet to see a Shotokan man compete at any high level using low leg shin kicks.

I have the highest respect for the Shotokan system but it doesn't make sense to my mind when I read what people have written and it implies that their system produces the strongest legs when it very simply isn't the case.

It is important to understand the short comings in your chosen art in order to better it and you can be assured all Martial Arts have their short comings.Like people your art isn't perfect.

osu.

Never give in

Just to make one point perfectly clear,I'm not suggesting because we strike the legs often that that alone makes our legs strong.There are many different types of traning methods that we use to make our legs stronger.After a slow process of conditioning you legs will become stronger and stronger.

Using correct stances in your Kihon training will add to the over all strength but that alone will not do.

Never give in