Too old to start?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid teens IMO is the right time to start.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I have to agree with G95champ on this one. Yet it is never too old to start. We have a Sensei who was 58 when he began karate in our class. A little old but if you feel you want to take up a Martial Arts style, I say Go For It!

Btw, Welcome to the site :)

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

Lol...don't worry. 15 is plenty young enough to start. If you plan to take martial arts for the rest of your life, then you have the rest of your life to continually improve. Many of the old masters started around 13-16 years of age.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

When I read the topic I thought you were going to say you were over 50. IMO, 15 is a great age to get going. BTW, I know a guy who started in his 50s and is now in his 60s as a 3rd degree and is a real bad *. Age is all between your ears.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

When I read the topic I thought you were going to say you were over 50.

yeah, me too :)

15 is very good and at any age u probably wish u had started even earlier. there is a thread around with a poll on how old everyone was when he started.

Heck, no! You're never too old.

I was 17 when I started.

If you start too young, you might take the whole experience for granted, or quit because you didn't really understand what it was all about, but mid teens is a great time to start.

You're still in your prime, still got plenty of time to improve, but are old enough to understand what you're learning and the philosophy behind it all.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

I think that you are too old. Give up on the whole martial arts idea you'lll never be any good. You need to start training below the age of 10 if you really want to reach any serious level of competence........

Now do you really believe any of that :-? As others have said you are never too old and at 15 really you are still very young to be starting. Now what would you have done if eveyone said "yes you're too old." Could you give up the idea of training in MA? Don't let anything restrict what you want from life :)

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"