Chito ryu

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Yep! I just started it. It's a nice style. :karate:

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

I think u want to ask for shito ryu style?

I practice this & i think it´s great (all styles r)

8)

Ilich Miguel Torres Fong

2nd Dan Black Belt Shito Kai (World Shito Ryu Karate Do Federation)

Center American & Caribbean Kumite Judge (WKF Panamerican Zone), National Kata Judge (México)

Monterrey, Nuevo León México

Im open to learn & talk about any MA or Style (all are great)

yup I practice Chito-Ryu.. I've taken the liberty of translating an introductory chapter from the norwegian Chito-ryu manual. I didnt have time to read through it afterwards so there may be some wierd spelling and grammar at times.

CHITO-RYU

Chito-Ryu was founded by Dr. Tsuyoshi Chitose. O'sensei was born in Kume in Naha, Okinawa 1898. O'sensei is the grandson of Soken Bushi Matsumara a well known karateka. O'sensei started training in Toudi(karate) at the age of 7. His first teacher was Aragaki. A lot of the founders of japanese karate studied with Aragaki, among them Higashionna(Naha-te), Miyagi(goju-Ryu)Mabuni(shito-ryu) and Funakoshi. The most influential instructor o'sensei studied with was Chotuko Kyan. Kyan was apperantly a notorious troublemaker and O'sensei developed alot of his karate in barbrawls around naha's red light district...The third influential instructor yhat helped "shape" o'senseis karate was Mabuni. Mabuni haught O'sensei the martial art Ti which has some similarities with aikido. O'sensei chose the chito-ryu ro remind us of karates chinese heritage. chi means a thousand (years), to is the name of "old China".

Read a book!