• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HIM OR HER

I've read thru the whole topic and have to agree that in most cases men can be physically stronger then women. I do feel though that alot of women compensate for this by have better technique rather then the brute strenght. I have to say I admire the chivalry displayed by Angus with regards to not hitting women but I also believe by sparrin it is beneficial to both sexes that there is some contact, that way you won't be so shocked when somebody tags you in a comp or in the street. The main thing to consider while practising in the Dojo is control. There is no need to beat the brains outta whoever you are sparring when you can be using this time yes to pressurise but also to perfect your movement and technique............In advance sorry if I may have offended anyone no offence intended.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men tend to be naturally stronger and more aggressive, women tend to be naturally more flexible. Men have the tendency to overestimate their brute strength and may disregard and try to replace good form and strategy with energy and testosterone, and women have the tendency to think things through and not take on this tough-guy attitude. Both strength and flexibility are excellent supplements to the martial arts, but first you must have technique, devotion/commitment, drive, and smarts. These traits are pretty much gender neutral (no neanderthal jokes please) so I say that we are about even, despite the fact that men may tend to gravitate more towards the martial arts because of its physical aspect. As for my comfort level with hitting or applying force against men or women, I would choose neither. I do not really like full force sparring contact. Even with head gear, a deadly well placed kick to the temple area can cause permanent brain damage, or at the very least, hurt like hell and cause you to feel like barfing. Ditto a nice solid punch to the solar plexus even with padding. At my old kung fu school we used to go so-called 'full contact' but not very many people can let themselves go enuff to go full force. That is why I love my friend, the Wavemaster so much. You can knock it over as many times as you want and it will never sue you. There will be those out there, such as Bruce Lee, who say that if you don't train full force, then in real life you will not be able to apply your techniques at full force towards your adversary. I personally don't feel that what he said is 100% true but I could kind of see where he is going. Anyways wow did I deviate from the topic or what haha. :karate: :razz: :razz: :lol:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Harpoon Sai is saying this arguement of who is better at karate boys or girls well always continue!! :nod:

hope that helped. :smile:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Females are naturally more flexable than males but males are naturally stronger.

As far as never hitting a female...in agression never in self defence.....alls fair in love and war and kicking a.. if the situation calls for it.

As far as "I will never hit a female blah blah blah......" Get in the new millenium bozo well trained females can teach you as much as any well trained guy so get over your wenis and do not eliminate half the population because of your over inflated ego.

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

Im also sorta uneasy about hitting women if karate unless really holding back too. I'm a big guy and unless I were training for real combat situations and knew she was tough i would hold back. being a big guy lets you hit harder with less effort, and if an accident happened, who would most likely end up getting hurt more (with the exception of her smacking you dead in the nads w/o a cup :grin:

Pretty much in general i feel uneasy about going all out against someone who is OBVIOUSLY smaller/weaker (not ALL women).

[ This Message was edited by: psychospaz on 2002-02-21 18:11 ]

• 1 year later...
A male is naturally stronger. But.. women don't hesitate to grab another mans balls.. and we all know that such an attack could even take down the late Bruce Lee. But ofcourse.. strength isn't the only thing that will win a fight.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

I would say humans are the best at Karate, and men and women too. But women look better than men doing it, Karate.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"