• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HIM OR HER

I just thought that this was a General Karate and Martial Arts Discussion. When I said "no offence" thats exactly what I meant. Dont get me wrong, chivalry is a great quality, but in a martial arts context, I think it is acceptable to overlook it for the purposes of discussion.

I have no interest at all in attacking you or anyone here, with all due respect.

In fact, I think you just need a hug!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an equal opportunity ass-whipper. I don't care if they are man or woman, I'll lay the smack-down on their ass if they attack me.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

hrmph..Angus, i think that when sparring with some chick, it would be in her best interest for u to fight her like u would fight a man. She needs to learn how to fight..not just attack some guy who is not being aggresive. What if she encounters some sicko on the street and doesnt know how to defend against an attack from someone stronger than her? I'd rather knock that woman on her ass a few times than let her be raped. hehehe, this is kinda like that one saying 'give a man a fish, and it'l feed him for a day. TEACH a man to fish will feed him for a lifetime (maybe, ehhehhe)'.

Another thing, I think that what Angus means by women being 'things of beauty', he means that they are beautiful INSIDE (well..most of the time they are, hehehe, just get one jealous and... *hides*). They say in my religion (Sikhism) that women have a better chance to get to God than men because they are just better people. God loves them more than us men.. bleh.. :angel:

Feel the 'Putt Jattan De' power!!

*Truth is highest, but Truthful living is higher still*

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

I'm sorry, i just don't hit women... i know it's in their best interests to be hit and learn to take it, so therefore it's in their best interests not to train with me. I'l teach them basic self-defense but i won't spar with them in a full contact situation.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

On 2001-10-05 14:59, DarkMonkey wrote:

What is a hidious, ugly, grotesquely overweight lady were to attack you Angus? Then would you fight back? I'm not sure why you're not supposed to hit women but I abide by it and would feel extremely bad about myself if I ever did. Sometimes you are forced into restraint however, it's how able you are to do that without actually hurting them I suppose.

so ud hit an ugly woman but not a pretty one? REALITY CHECK!!!

No, i woudn't hit ANY WOMAN! If she was grotesquely overwieght then i'd run away and watch her try and waddle after me or something. I'm sorry, gees, i just DON'T HIT WOMEN! I don't mind if a guy smacks some bidiot woman who's just kneed him in the groin for no reason, but i personally wouldn't strike back... I'd take to him if he smacked her more than once though.

being a woman myself :pony: i personally agree a lot with angus, although when we spar with men it is nice for them not to go as hard on you as they do with other men.yeh still try your best, but just lighten up the contact, you know.still keep the speed etc but one word.......CONTROL!!! amen. :oops:

I don't mind no contact sparring with a woman, but seriously - it's not like i don't hit them to feel more manly, it's just that i couldn't live with myself if i smacked into some chick and caused fullon pain...