"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At karate.. i wouldn't know. At un-armed fighting, men are generally better. That's just a reality. Women tend to be better with weapons though. In combat all together, men seem to have an edge, that's why there are more men in the military.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

In a fight against ME a woman is better. I don't hit women, period!

They can smack me in all the known regions of manland and i just won't hit back. It's a failure, a fault, a flaw - i know - but i just can't hit a thing of beauty (aka the female body).

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

:up: :up: :up: YAY!!! thanks iamrushman ..

Women martial artists face alot challenges in the dojo. We have been brought up to believe that we are "the weaker sex," in need of protection. We have been brought up to be passive, nurturing, submissive, hesitant, helpless, powerless, and otherwise "feminine." We are unwilling to both hurt and be hurt. In addition to the cultural conditioning we bring with us, we have to deal with the stereotypes and prejudices men have about and toward us. In their eyes we are generally too feminine ("Don't break your nail, honey") or not feminine enough (She's strong, she must be a dyke"). As students we often encounter men who do not want to practice or spar with us. Such as Angus! :dodgy:

These guys are afraid of hurting us and feel that they will not be able to train hard and won't get the full benefit of their class time. Some are worried about being "beaten" or "shown up" by a girl and in their desire to protect their male egos, they forget (or refuse) to use control. Or they take entirely too much pleasure in their role as attacker during practice.

There will never be equality in martial arts so lets just embrace the differences that work together to form the balance....the yin and yang! :cowboy: :karate: :nod:

Deby

What is a hidious, ugly, grotesquely overweight lady were to attack you Angus? Then would you fight back? I'm not sure why you're not supposed to hit women but I abide by it and would feel extremely bad about myself if I ever did. Sometimes you are forced into restraint however, it's how able you are to do that without actually hurting them I suppose.

~The things you own - they end up owning you.

Whoa, i can see that all the chivalry in the world has gone down the dunny. If she pulled a knife on me i would try to disarm her.

I don't understand why i'm being attacked for something that i believe in. I don't see women as the weaker sex, cos we couldn't survive without them and anything that can pop something bigger than a bowling ball outta themselves has my admiration (thus women giving birth - d'uh).

I spar with women, and i primarily block and evade. I don't enjoy hitting back. It's just something i'm not comfortable with. What if we were to agree to spar full contact NHB and i accidentally broke her nose or something? It would be fine if she did it to me, i don't care - it happens. I would be laughed at, yes, but so what? If i did it to her i could be brought up on charges of assault and the court does not look kindly on women beaters, plus i wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Now, A BIOLOGICAL FACT!!! On AVERAGE, women are physically weaker than men. They do not have the testosterone to brign them up to equal strength, and that is why women are protected by the law etc... It's no holds barred in an intellectual battle cos i know i am more than matched in brains by women, but i refuse to hit them...

I'm really really REALLY pissed off that people up and attacked me for me following a chivalrous way of life. I open doors and complement women on their shoes too, why not have a go at me about that as well!?!?

:kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

Angus :evil:

Your Anger is a Gift

- Rage Against the Machine

Angus Argyle - Moderator of the General Karate and Jiu Jitsu Forums.

[ This Message was edited by: Angus on 2001-10-05 20:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Angus on 2001-10-05 20:07 ]

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.