• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

unarmed self defense under gunpoint

I have a problem with doing nothing when faced with a gun, It does depend on the situation but in this day and age they might just shoot you anyway even if you do what they say. Remember 911 , plane hijackers used to just take hostages so you did what they said, but all that has changed. so if im going to be shot no matter what I might as well try my hardest.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, don't think of this as a point, but just as a question, have you ever been under gun point? it's hard to tell what you would do until it actually happens.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

If the opponent uses both hands to hold the handgun or simply keeps a few feet of distance there isn't much you can do to fight back.

That all depends on what is at stake. You can charge the weapon from a distance of several feet. A hit to your brain, upper spine, or abulitory system (bones in the hips or legs) will stop you; but a "center of mass" hit will still leave you with at least 10 seconds of consious action; and never underestimate the ability to miss even at close range.

Two hands, close to his body, with a willingness to "fish" with the gun makes control hard... if you are armed at all, you may be able to "kill him back" (I can sever a lot of important arteries in 10 seconds), and depending on the situation; this may be perferrable to some alternatives.

Yes, but you ignore the most simple and most likely solution. They're not going to shoot you once COM and wait for you to die. They're probrably going to shoot you again and again until you stop moving. I know I would. In fact, I'd probrably shoot you until you were laying motionless on the ground, then a couple in the head just to be safe. But that's just me.

I'm just saying, if they decide you shoot, you will likely be shot many times, not just once. With a gun held tactically in two hands you could expect to squeeze off 4 or 5 rounds per second... so that 10 seconds might be a little shorter than you had planned.

I didn't mean close to his body and "fishing" with the gun, (whatever that meant) I meant a tactical position, basically the same as you would hold a rifle only, of course, it's much shorter.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

"They're probrably going to shoot you again and again until you stop moving. I know I would. In fact, I'd probrably shoot you until you were laying motionless on the ground, then a couple in the head just to be safe. But that's just me. "

...oh....uh.... that's a little morbid...

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Well, one tactic popular among some gunfighters is to feign death, pretending they've been shot. Then when you look away they bust a cap. (simunitions, of course) It is important to always make sure the target is destroyed before moving on, or looting in the case of a robber. Plus, shooting things is fun, especially when you get to see the satisfying splatter. (of a simunition, I hope!)

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

• 5 months later...
I'm going to Tennessee next month for a series of Organization seminars about various aspects of Tae Kwon Do. One of our Instructors is teaching a self defense seminar, and it should be very interesting to hear what he has to say on this matter. He works as a prison guard, so he might know something about it. Then again, he might not.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

I am proud of the media for their portrayal of shootings.

1. Extend gun far from body (helps defender secure the muzzle!)

2. Only use one hand (aids defender in breaking the grip)

3. Turn gun side ways (further aids in breaking the grip as well as limiting your ability to put the front site on the target!)

Thank You TV!

TAEKWON

Spookey

Do not defend against an attacker, but rather become the attacker...Destroy the enemy!

TAEKWON!

Mugged thrice whilst living on Baltimore. Twice at gunpoint. Once with just one assailant. Gave them my money, backpack, etc.. Still alive.

I made the decision not to resist. My life is not worth a few dollars and credit cards.

I also experienced a certain amount of derision from my fellow "martial artists," who had never been in the same situation. I lost most of the respect I had for these indivisuals. The important thing is to know when to fight, not merely how.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!