• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We got Saddam's boys today

G95champ

true, but hitler had so much german pride, if you asked him his nationality he'd probably say "german"

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

History is always written by the victors. The Egyptinans, Greeks, Romans, Chineses, French/Brittish and now the Americans. Some one will write it after us Im sure.

Irritating though it may be, that's a very good point. :P Still, that doesn't make it any better. Even if written in a genuinely impartial and factual manner the American's would look good, as you were. I'm not trying to take away from what you did. But at least then it wouldn't look quite so much like you need to indoctrinate your youth in blind patriotism. For a country obsessed with free-will etc etc that seems awfully coersive.

Sorry for the double post, didn't see this one there. As with any country, of course the young children are taught only that America is good. (Look at the Japanese education system. You would swear that the Americans attacked them for no reason at all if you believed everything in there) Fortunately, in higher education (i'm referring to high school (at least mine) and in college), these fallacies are usually dispelled.

Children as such are often shielded from the truth all the time. Look at Santa Claus or dog heaven. This is just another example, albeit on a larger scale.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Hopefully we get wiser with age.

Our textbooks are not as patrotic as you would think. Lots of schools in the USA are big now on telling the other side of history and often we are painted as the bad guy. Each country will build its self up in its own schools it would be dumb otherwise. We are taught and we teach to think for yourself and not to always belive what you read, hear, see.

O yeah you can be both right and wrong at the same time.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Korea at the time was part of Japan and had been for some time. Thats like me saying auschwitz is in Austria and the Jews killed their were killed by Austrians. BTW Hitler was Austrian not German.

True, they were formally annexed in the early 1900s, although Japan had dominated since they ousted the Chinese in the late 1800s. However, despite Japanese attempts to totally Japanize the Koreans (one sad story is when a Korean runner won the marathon in the Olympics and they gave his Japanese name and lowered the Japanese flag and played the Japanese anthem), let alone forced name changes, martial law, etc., the Koreans remained for the most part, Korean and resented anything Japanese. They definately did not consider themselves Japanese.

When they beat Russia in the Ruso-Japanese war I bet they were proud to be under the flag of the rising sun.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

When they beat Russia in the Ruso-Japanese war I bet they were proud to be under the flag of the rising sun.

Hehe, don't let a Korean national hear you say that, they'll go berserk! I'm actualy half-Korean myself, but I'm 100% American for all I care. I roomed with a full blood korean for a year last year, and we would joke about stuff like that, but man, some of them can get pretty agitated.

btw, it may just be my school, but i only have a small hand full of teachers who teach both sides of the story. most of what i know i know from my father and various books i've picked up everynow and then. i don't think america's looking any more villainous now than it did when i was younger

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Your right young kids are not given all the facts but young kids can't deal with them either.

Why do you tell young kids the dog went to heaven? So you don't have to explain death and religon, and other things that would just blow their mind. Keep it simple. You also keep it HAPPY so you don't scare them or scar them for life. Its eaisy to add the bad later when they can handle it if you teach them the bad first the kid may be bad. Simple Socialogy.

We teach were good because you don't want the youth growing up thinking all presidents are bad, or we killed indians, or whatever. We can add that in later.

If you teach hate early the child will hate when its old.

Atrocities didn’t start with Hitter or Stalin they go back tens of thousand of years, history will always be written / re-written by the victors.

Those who are responsible for the murder all be they one or a million innocent people will be call liberators/patriots/nationalists or terrorists/dictators/oppressors depending on which side of the fence you are.

In a thousand years from now who knows how the recollections of event happening in our lifetime will be written. / re-written

Lets face it people, whilst greed pervades there will always be wars between those who have and those who have not.

Gee you people type fast..

…..

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do