• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

please tell me where can i find...........

a taekwondo club/training school with korean instructors in the UK? ideally and preferably i would like to be taught and certified by the korean taekwondo professionals because they are the originators and know best for that style. i know that there are loads of korean instructors in korea obviously, but i live in uk, and would like to know where i could be taught and certified by top professional korean instructors here in the uk?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
My instructor isn't Korean, but he is one of the best in my area. He was taught by a Korean instructor . The nationality of the instructor shouldn't matter. But if you tell us what area you live in, we can try to look it up. Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F

Ideally and preferably i would like to be taught and certified by the korean taekwondo professionals because they are the originators and know best for that style.

This comment tells me that you need to do some research on the origins of Taekwon-do, find out where the tuls (patterns/forms) which are the cornerstone of Taekwon-do come from.

Most (not all) of the original Korean TaeKwon-do Masters are dead or retired, therefore you may find yourself looking for a second or third generation Korean Master.

Have you a preference (North Korean or a South Korean Master)?, consider you choice wisely.

Respectfully,

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

"Do you only eat pizza made by actual Italians?"

no i dont only eat pizza made by actual italians, but that got nothing to do with martial arts anyay.

simply i just wana been taught by a korean TKD instructor and certified by him too because i havent had this done before. and its best to be certified each time in whatever style by different instructors of different races and background, because its better that way, as there would be variety and true originators of that particular style. thats why i wana be certifed and taught by a korean TKD master, cos korea was the originator and korea is very popular of TKD.

There are some shockingly * Korean teachers out there. Not all Asians are genetically pre-disposed to teaching the martial arts.

Where in England are you? I can suggest an excellent Tang Soo Do instructor who, despite his lack of korean descent, is one of the best in the world.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

Do you only eat pizza made by actual Italians?

I think the frozen pizza I had last night was made in Gary, Indiana.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

There are some shockingly * Korean teachers out there.

You make a very valid point. In my country, several well known Korean men have started their own organizations (even one own "art") that most people laugh at (they are really ridiculous, if you only knew the stuff they have pulled off during the years...) but they get a large following from the teenagers who seek 1) nice demos and 2) who believe in anything an asian says about his history

It is sad, but there's so little we can do when the korean guys avoid all confrontation (they've been asked to prove themselves many times here, but they choose not to respond). They never fight, but they brainwash their teenage students into believing they (the instructors) would win in any of the local NHB events because... [then the * starts]