What belt do you hold?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What belt do you hold?

• low colored belt
    • high colored belt
    • low black belt
    • high black belt

i dunno i don't do goju ryu.

Martial Arts were invented for fighting, take away that and you can go paint.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goju no one does religious things in martial arts in dojos anymore. Find me one dojo where they have you meditate for an hour or read ancient scripts. It's all about fighting.

I never mentioned religion, although we have done extended meditation (great for endurance, focus) and historical readings are encouraged/required. as a matter of fact, we rarely spar during class. However I wouldn't want to irritate any of our black belts, if ya know what i mean. :wink:

since purple belt is 5th gup (isnt it? my dojang aint got purple belts) it is the second half of the gups which makes it a high one imo. at least more high than low :) its the lowest of the high ones so to speak. if i would have put the middle ones as well it would have been to many poll options and questions like "what is still LOW and what is already MIDDLE??" would occur.

Yep, purple is 5th gup/kyu. I'm right smack in the middle LOL.

Laurie F

MG:

Was there a particular reason why you left your dojo? Do you plan on training in some other style?

I left because of the dojo's business practices, plus they violated a labor law. My brother was a paid instructor there, and he got cheated so we both left. The training was perfectly fine and the best in the area, but we just couldn't stay around anymore.

I'm not quite ready to move on to another dojo, but when I am, I think I might change styles. I'm not really sure right now.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I'm not quite ready to move on to another dojo, but when I am, I think I might change styles. I'm not really sure right now.

Here's a thought.

How about Tai Shing Pek Kwar (Monkey Style)?

monkeygirl = Monkey Style!

But it would'nt be a dojo it would be a kwoon.

Just a thought. :brow:

jeff :)

The Basics Are The Hidden Secret To Kung Fu Master The Basics.