kick 2

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, better combos and stuff, because he switched to traditional Karate.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

based on that picture, I'd agree w/ tommarker say it's either:

1. E dan dwi Tollyo cha ki (360 degree jump spinning back kick- kick is done with what would be the front leg if standing in a standard fighting stance)

OR

1. Deah dwi Tollyo cha ki (180 degree jump spinning back kick- kick is done with what would be the back leg if standing in a standard fighting stance)

I'd say most TKD and TSD stylists are familiar with these kicks- there ar other jumping spinng kicks as well, but that's what the pictures look like. it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that other styles do these kicks as well, though. jump spinning kicks can generate a tremendous amount of power when done correctly, but also require almost perfect timing in order to be used successfully in a confrontation. they bring some uniqueness to the art, and are a great challenge to the body, but I'm not going to suggest they are the most practical thing in the world to use in a real situation, because they just plain aren't.

as for where sobat came from, the only martial arts reference to it i can find on google is for video game moves....