• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Disrespectful Aikidoka

KaratekaAikidoist

I don't want to fight him because your not supposed to do that. My sensei doesn't notice him doing anything abnormal. This guy does all of his techniques really hard. Ex. He smashes my head against his chest but he calls it "controlling". Whenever I try to do techniques strong, I'm told not to muscle it. Its really confusing. :kaioken:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly wouldn't want you to quit and take your money with you. I think Telsun has the idea, if you tell your instructor, then he may not partner you with him and he may even say something to him personally. This could do some good, as I think most would take their instructor seriously. And if the customer upsets enough of my other customers, then I would have no choice but to ask him to leave, just like you would kick out a disruptive customer at a movie theater.

I agree with Karate Woman. If the guy wants to try to defeat you in practice play harder. Don't just stop-use other techniques to take him down. This accomplishes two things. 1: You are not going to get into the habit of stopping everytime a technique doesn't work and you will develop a better sense of how techniques flow into each other. 2: Your very arrogant and disrespectful partner will not be able to gloat and brag as you will have taken him to the mat forcefully and effectively since he won't know what is coming :brow: . He may learn a lesson but I would worry more about the lessons you learn than the ones he does. :wink:

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I say do your technique more realistically. If it was designed to work then it should work on egomaniacs too. Don't try to hurt him, and besides if you still cannot get your technique to work atleast you know you need more practice.

May I suggest something?

This individual is giving you a marvelous oportunity to genuinely learn Aikido. Not all attacks are physical. It sounds to me like he is quite simply trying to annoy you. Don't let his mental 'attacks' effect you. When he next tries, remember that you are shite...flow with his stupidity and pass its energy on its way without allowing it to affect you.

Bucket Man

------------------------------------------

http://www.freewebs.com/ocmartialarts

---------------------------------------------

http://www.freewebs.com/ocmartialarts

Orange County Martial Arts Social Club

R we in Karate to help us & help others?

i think so

then only try to explain him your perspective & the the situations offensives to you

If he is smart & has a clear idea of the MA then he will understand it. If not take another partner to train & forget him.

Keep in ur way.

8)

Ilich Miguel Torres Fong

2nd Dan Black Belt Shito Kai (World Shito Ryu Karate Do Federation)

Center American & Caribbean Kumite Judge (WKF Panamerican Zone), National Kata Judge (México)

Monterrey, Nuevo León México

Im open to learn & talk about any MA or Style (all are great)

Do the exact same thing he does to you and if he doesnt like it then tell him you will stop when he stops.

Exactly - this has happened to me on occasion, when its my turn I respond with the same force or technique that the "problem student" is using. that will get the message across whether he's being ignorant or doing it on purpose. I think kicking his * would be frowned upon in most dojos..... might be fun though?

Hurt him by "accident" that will teach him humility. But dont snitch, I'm sure your instructor is well aware of the problem and will solve it as he sees fit. If you insist you could ask your instructor "What do you think about Johnny hotshots technique?"

Of course if he continues to be a problem send him to me :evil:

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.