• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Combative or not combative?

A mcdojo is a school where basically you pay for your belts and there are no realistic drills or sparring. Mcdojo schools are characterized by titles like grandmaster, undefeated champion and stuff like that. Mcdojos also usually require long contracts and can promise you a black belt within X amount of time. Basically, they are the things that are killing the public impression of martial arts.

If my survival means your total destruction, then so be it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of people complain about mcdojos but why doesn't anyone do something about it?

in the old days, if a school was suspect then it was challanged, not for self gratification but to defend the ideal of martial arts. after all, it only takes one bad school to bring down the image of martial arts so how can we live with so many bad schools around us?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

From the ground up,

Why don't we challenge these schools and do something about it?

Because there is a thing called the law which is supposed to stop people assaulting other people.

I learnt long ago that most people won't change their mind, no matter how good your logic or how concrete your evidence. They've either invested too much time in what they're already doing, or don't really want to train hard.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

yeah, but there's a difference between challanging and just going in there to beat the guy to the floor...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

What would it prove though?

The people most likely in that club are normal people with kids who want to learn a little bit of self-defence. They'd probably think you're just a bully.

I understand how you feel, but it honestly wouldn't make a difference.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

well, challanging doesn't have to be about a fight...

The MA's that focus solely on maiming and killing your attacker are Combat MA's and the others are something else.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I think I can answer that Icetuete. Challenging someone will make them ready to fight. Being attacked is another story.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

actually i was interested in how from the ground up wanted to do something against the McDojos all around, but thanks anyway :)

i never encountered one (at least i didnt notice :P ) but they are a threat to anybody who has no idea about MA but is willing to start learing and in addition to that they ruin the reputation of MA.