• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

12 hour training?

They say Mas Oyama trained for 12 hours a day and a judo expert trained for 9, now what would you do for those hours? I know the judo guy did 1000 push ups a day compared to his rivals only doing 400 hundred. But what else would you do? FOR 12 HOURS!?!??!?!?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
H. Walker fromer NFL great RB with the Dallas Cowboys and other teams never lifted a weight but did 1000 push up's, 1000 set up's, ran 5 miles and did TKD training everyday to stay in shape. I don't know how long it took him to do all of this but he was maybe the best college player ever at UGA and played in the NFL for about 10 seasons.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

How long do you think it would take to a kata 100 times?

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

an hour or 2 depending on how fast you did it

That's an hour or 2 gone then. But realistically you could spend most of the day studying just one kata. Add that to your exercises, cardio, conditioning, etc and I reckon you would soon be making the 12 hours.

It must take amazing discipline to train in such a way.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"