• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i am currently training in judo and am wondering if i should cross train in shi to ryu karate do at the same time. Do you think it's a good idea or should I attain my black belt or atleast beat the black belts in judo first before karate?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I took TKD and Judo together, and I'm not a black belt. The styles are different enough where you won't confuse them. I don't see a problem with it. Try it out :) Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F

If you can make time for both why not.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I think you should get a black belt in Judo and maintain your skills in that while you start Karate.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Since the arts are so different I would not be too concerned in achieving a certain grade in Judo b4 starting.

Get going to karate....the sooner the better. :karate:

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

i am currently training in judo and am wondering if i should cross train in shi to ryu karate do at the same time. Do you think it's a good idea or should I attain my black belt or atleast beat the black belts in judo first before karate?

Karate and judo make for a good combo, I say go for it. That's what I did and both my karate and judo improved.